#TGIFc68 Owl in the branches

#TGIFc68, Owl Builder Punch, Watercolor Wash Background, Thoughtful Branches, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

Watercolour effects are very trendy in cardmaking.  I love the watercolour style and have decided to explore and practice a few different techniques to get a bit more comfortable with all the ways there are to add a little watercolor look to a design.

I thought this TGIF challenge sketch would be perfect for giving a little watercolour wash background effect a try!  All I needed was my soft sky, pink pirouette and pear pizzazz ink pads, an acrylic block and some water to make this lovely soft washed background using a tutorial by Laura Bassen.  I do have one tip of my own though, spritz the Stampin' Up! Watercolour cardstock with water too before adding the ink.  I found I got a much smoother blend this way.

Now to decorate! I created the cute owl with the Owl Builder punch and sat him in a tree made with the Thoughtful Branches trunk and a circle of patterned pear pizzazz paper with some pink die cut Botanical Builder flowers.  

#TGIFc68, Owl Builder Punch, Watercolor Wash Background, Thoughtful Branches, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

I hope you will get your craft on and join us this week at the TGIF challenge page.


No comments