#TGIFc09 Monthly Challenge Remix


It's time the June TGIF Monthly Challenge Remix.  What this means is that participants choose at least two of the other challenges featured this month and mash them together into one project.  I didn't get a chance to play in the Watercolour technique challenge earlier this month so chose to mix this with the sketch challenge - as you all know I love a good sketch :)

I started with a panel of Stampin' Up's watercolour card.  I heat embossed the sentiment from Butterfly Basics across the bottom with black powder and then painted on swipes of watermelon wonder, delightful dijon and cucumber crush with my aqua painter.  I love the way the inks meld together on the damp watercolour paper - blending into one another leaving a medley of tones.

I added some butterflies die cut with the smaller of the Bold Butterfly framelits over a little bakers twine.  I then layered this panel on a border of very vanilla.  To finish I decorated the front of my vanilla folded card base with strips of hello honey card to create the striped pattern before putting the centre panel in place and adding a scatter of pearls and some white sequins.

I hope you've enjoyed this project and will head on over to TGIF Challenges to see what the other designers have made and join the challenge too!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog










1 comment