A celebration of my cutie bugs!


This weekend we celebrated my daughter's first and my son's fifth birthday with a joint home party.  The party had a 'bugs and butterflies' theme.


I love the organic, playschool-type feel of cardboard decor and recycled some of my Stampin' Up! delivery boxes to create a cardboard tree and little fence decoration for the party food table.


A super talented friend of mine, Tanya Rees, created this gorgeous ladybug cake topper. When she heard I was having a bug party she so generously offered it to me.  Isn't she just devine?!  Perfect for my baby girl's first birthday cake.


For my son, I created these chocolate ant cupcakes.  This is my first attempt at cupcake decorating and I'm feeling just a little bit pleased with myself.

 
What's a kids party without jelly?  These jelly cups, complete with wiggly worms, were a big hit with the party guests.


Again, Tanya Rees is one clever cookie (pun intended).  She made these adorable biscuits for the party too. Tanya has a passion for cake and cookie decorating - not to mention loads of talent.  If you would like to contact her about creating a few special items to help kick your party up a notch please contact me and I'll pass your details forward.  I created little bundles with the cookies to create the party favours for the guests.


The biscuits accompanied a little activity book I created in the bugs and butterflies theme.



The kids played pass the parcel and a variation of 'pin the tail on the donkey' with bugs on a web.  My son helped prepare the web.


Despite being a wet rainy, we had a great afternoon.  Well I hope you liked this glimpse at our little party and if you have any questions please just ask.

Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment

  1. I'm throwing a butterfly/bug party for my daughter's 6th birthday party and love your invite and activity book! So cute! I'm not sure if you share them or if this is a business you do? I'd be interested if you share it using it for her little party. Thanks! cassi_72 {at} yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete