In Class - April 2013


In honour of Mother's Day which is just around the corner, we created three very floral and feminine cards in class this month.  All three cards feature imagery from the Secret Garden Stamp set currently available in the Stampin' Up! mini catalogue.


This first card design allowed us to practice our heat embossing with a spray of lovely flowers in white on Crumb Cake card.  We then coloured these flowers with whisper white ink lending a beautiful soft feel to the design.  A pop of colour was layered over the top of the flowers once the white base had dried.


Our second card had a very different, arty feel to it.  We stamped the large outline flower from the Secret Garden set across the whisper white front and added a spritz of colour with the colour spritzer and some Stampin' Write Markers.  The ink splatter stamp from the French Foliage stamp was the perfect way to add some additional colour.  A strip of Floral District DSP, some coral calypso bakers twine and a sentiment layered on the Modern Label punch shape finished the design off nicely.


You may recognise this third design, I originally featured the layout in March as it was initially created in the Pattern Play online class I took.  I've changed the colours so I could feature current DSP from the Floral District paper pack.  Again, class participants were able to practice some more heat embossing, this time with black to create the sentiment on the front of the card.  


If you have any questions about these projects or about future class dates please don't hesitate to contact me.

I am hoping to be able to schedule classes again later this year - hopefully in Spring.  My husband and I are expecting our second baby this June so I will need a little time to adjust to life with our new addition before I can get another class organised.  I will continue to take orders during this little period of 'maternity leave' and I am also open to enquiries for workshops from August onwards.  I know it is ambitious but I would also like to have a new catalogue open house in July sometime if possible - keep an eye on my e-newsletters for more information.  

32 weeks and counting...




No comments