#TGIFc53 Pick your favourite!

#TGIFc53, Boys will be boys, In Color 2014-2016, Male Birthday, Soldier, Perfectly Artistic DSP, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

The TGIF Challenge blog has a brand new challenge for you to try - draw inspiration from any card posted to the TGIF site in April.

The artist behind the KartenKram blog played along with our sketch challenge this month, submitting this cute birthday card which inspired my entry today.

Continuing with my little Retirement Party theme, this project features the retiring Boys will be Boys set.  I've got those little toy soldiers parachuting through a hand-sponged cloud panel, much as the cute mice float over clouds in the KartenKram design.

I've gone with retiring colours too - lost lagoon and mossy meadow.  I had played with the idea of colouring the parachutes in tangerine tango and hello honey but it just didn't feel right - the monochromatic smoky slate is more fitting with my style and suits the intended audience of an adult male.

I hope you've enjoyed this project! Head on over to the TGIF challenge site and play along - who knows, it might be your fabulous creation that inspires us next!




No comments