In Class - May 19th, 2012

Today in class we focused on techniques for creating different types of backgrounds, as well as how to create a gorgeous flower embellishment using card stock circles and ideas for incorporating photos into cards.

This is the first design we tackled.  Here the background has been created using a brayer and ink on gloss card stock.  The 'Lollypop' style flower is created using layered die cut circles.
The colour palette - Island Indigo, Baja Breeze and Rich Razzleberry was one suggested by the Stampin' Up! Colour Coach.

The second card we made was previous featured on my blog here and won the 'Cut Above' award at the Paper Players for the week it was entered.  It was a great example in how to create a lovely soft background using stamped imagery.  It also was fun to show how to create this beautiful butterfly using Window Sheets and stayz on ink.

The third project was this gorgeous soft pink vintage inspired design which featured the Framelits Dies currently available in the Autumn-Winter Mini Catalogue.
A couple of my students previously requested I give some ideas on how photos might be incorporated into cards.  So today, for the ladies who were interested, I prepared their beautiful photographs and used these as the centre piece in the frame as opposed to the stamped imagery.  This is how a couple of them came out:

All in all we achieved a lot this morning and had a great time doing so!  I'm very much looking forward to my next classes in June.  Interested in attending?  Please do not hesitate to contact me for information about upcoming dates and how you can get involved at j-frost@live.com.au




1 comment

  1. Love all these projects but that first card caught my eye!! I love the color combo so much, it is striking!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #64 with a link back to your blog on 5-20-12, which is today. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!

    If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.
    Have a great day!!

    Tiffany Bauer
    http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete