In Class - February 2014

It is Sale-A-Bration (SAB) time! This promotion is Stampin' Up!'s biggest sales event of the year.  In the spirit of SAB, class participants created this card featuring some exclusive SAB papers and a sentiment from the See Ya Later SAB exclusive stamp set. For details about the SAB sale, please don't hesitate to contact me for a free brochure.



I love when I can show class participants how to use a product in a new way.  In this design I had a large blank space at the bottom of my card and I wanted a subtle element to feature here.  I already had the Secret Garden framelits out on my desk from creating the flowers. So I experimented and did a little embossing with one of these framelits to create the impression of the leaves in the bottom.


I had a special request that we create a sympathy card design this month.  When I create sympathy cards I like to use soft and neutral colours.  Here the colour palette is soft sky, basic grey and a touch of garden green for the flower stems.  Class participants had the chance to practice colouring on the stamp with Stampin' Write Markers to create the multi-coloured main image, which comes from Stampin' Up!'s Love and Sympathy stamp set.  The background stamp, Hardwood, comes from the new Occasions catalogue.  I do own the Woodgrain background stamp already and so was tossing up as to whether I needed another timber themed stamp. But I've seen so many incredible designs featuring this item and just had to have it! This has simply been stamped in white craft ink onto the basic grey cardstock.


In December, we first played with the fun new circle thinlets die.  I wanted to show participants a variation with this die that extends the card to create an extra fold out panel.  The sahara sand card base was cut to 13.8 x 21cm.  This allowed me to make the most of my A4 cardstock - creating two card bases from a single sheet.  The design has a nautical theme featuring the Open Sea stamp set.  Participants got the chance to practice creating a sailors knot in twine to tie in with this theme.


February is a busy month for me.  I'm looking forward to my birthday this week (I'm getting pampered at the day spa - yay!) and the LMK ball the week after.  Because of all the things I have to do in the lead up to these events, my March class will be pushed back just a tad. I definitely hope to sneak in a class before SAB ends on the 31st of March.  Will keep you posted when I have scheduled the next date!


No comments