Shadow Stamping with the Stamparatus

Last week a set of my cards went live on the Stampin' Up! Corporate Blog - yay! Here's what I wrote:


Once tricky stamping techniques are now a breeze with the brand new Stamparatus!  Take shadow stamping for instance. Adding subtle, professional shadowing to the bold 'Sorry' in these projects was so quick and easy with the new tool!


How? To start, I positioned a piece of cardstock to the top left of my Stamparatus and secured it with a magnet.  Then I placed my stamp from the Sorry for Everything Stamp Set face down on the paper and closed the plate to pick up the stamp.  I lifted the plate, added ink (tone on tone the same colour as the cardstock) then reclosed to stamp the word.  Allow the ink to dry.

TIP: I used my heat tool to ensure this first stamped layer was dry, this is going to be important in achieving a clean heat embossed layer thereafter.

Next, I positioned the paper exactly where it was again, bringing it down from the top of the Stamparatus edge just a tiny bit, a few millimeters, as pictured.


Then I applied VersaMark to the stamp and closed the plate to re-stamp the word.  I added Stampin' Emboss Powder in white and heat set with the Heat Tool to complete the technique.

One of the key benefits of the Stamparatus is you can stamp multiples of the same project quickly and precisely.  Whilst the stamp was all set up and ready to go, I couldn't resist creating a full collection of these lovely shadowed sentiments.


I've paired these stamped panels with the Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Papers.  Bows of linen thread added a little texture and I've layered in touches of shimmer by way of Pearlized Doilies, strips of Glimmer Paper in Gold or Silver, and swashes of Metallic-Edge Ribbon in Berry Burst or Gold.

I hope you've enjoyed this set of cards and it encourages you to break out your Stamparatus and give a little shadow stamping of your own a try!

Supplies Used
Stamps:  Sorry for Everything 
Card: Whisper White, Basic Black, So Saffron, Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Papers, Glimmer Paper in Gold or Silver, 
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories & Tools: Stamparatus, Stampin' Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Linen Thread, Pearlized Doilies, Metallic-Edge Ribbon in Berry Burst or Gold.
Adhesives: SNAIL or double sided tape, Stampin' Dimensionals, Tear'n'Tape, Fine Tip Glue Pen

1 comment

  1. I was a little confused about the first ink color. Was it the exact color of the cardstock, such as granny apple green ink on granny apple green cardstock? Thanks for your help. Please reply at denisemouton@yahoo.com. Thanks for sharing your idea — it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete