Thrift Store Garland, Let's Get Hopping Round 1


Thrifty Craft Tips, Scrapbooking, Jar of Love, Stampin' Up!, Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

I've got something special to share with you today!  I have brought together a group of lovely paper artists who are sharing their favourite thrifty tips and tricks as part of the very first "Let's Get Hopping" blog hop.

MY TIP: Salvage those paper scraps!
I love when I've been able to put paper scraps to use on a project!  Not only it is great from a budget perspective but saving those little bits and pieces from the trash is less wasteful too!

For my project today I've chosen a selection of colourful contrasting scraps to make a gorgeous, eclectic garland to embellish this scrapbook page.

Thrifty Craft Tips, Scrapbooking, Jar of Love, Stampin' Up!, Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

I've mixed and match different banner shapes, overlapping them along the top for a fuller look.  Before attaching the pieces to the background, I paper pierced them and added faux stitching using a white gel pen.  This unified the pieces, bringing the banner together nicely.

For a neat finish, I've added tiny bows of bakers twine to either end.

No full sheet of 12"x 12" paper was harmed in the making of this project. Try adding layers of larger panels of leftover patterns into your work.

Want more thrifty tips?
Click the link below to find out what fun budget friendly tip Sherry has in store for you!


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Jar of Love, Make a Note Rotary Stamp (retired), Remember This and That Rotary Stamp (retired)
Inks: VersaMark, Real Red, Basic Black
Papers: Whisper White 12"x 12", Various patterned off cuts
Accessories/Tools: Paper piercing tool, white gel pen, white bakers twine


BLOG POST PLANNER, PAPERCRAFT EDITION
I've just put together a handy blog post planner, especially for paper-crafters! With this printable bundle, you can make sure that every blog post you write is brought together smoothly and is working hard to serve you and your audience well. Learn more *HERE*

8 comments

  1. Such a gorgeous page Jen! And all from bits of paper! The fun picture is definitely the focal point here. I love it! Thanks for including me in the hop today! This was a very clever theme. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely project! I love "stitching" on projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jenn. Love the pleated DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha love the disclaimer about the 12 x 12 paper. Lovely layout,great use of paper scraps! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fabulous use of scraps and loving the disclaimer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely page! I've never done any scrapbooking mainly because a big page seems a bit intimidating and I always worried how would It's so nice to see such nice and clean page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so great--never thought to paper pierce and then draw the stitching--seems less likely to injure me :)

    ReplyDelete