Floral inspiration challenge #TGIFC04


#TGIFC04 Inspiration ChallengeThere is an inspiring pretty picture this week at the TGIF challenge blog.

For me, I saw blooms in an array of pretty tones - Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, slashes of Real Red and deeper Cherry Cobbler.  I chose to make flowers from the Everything Eleanor stamp set in these colours.

I tried to find a patterned paper in my collection that would compliment these shades - maybe a grid style like in the background of the TGIF image.  I came across this piece from the retired Sent with Love pack and thought it was perfect for my background.  I just added the Everything Eleanor swirl in red to tie in the red from the blooms and the Riding Hood red card stock I chose to border it with.

There are lots of yellow flowers sprinkled throughout the inspiration picture.  I added yellow colouring to the centre of my blooms and then paper punched some additional yellow flowers to scatter around to finish the design.

I love challenges like these, that help me put together designs I might never have otherwise.  Can't wait to see what others in the stamping community come up with!

8 comments

  1. Love LOVE the vintage yet fresh look of your card! Beautiful depth with your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the contrast between the busy pattern and the thick clean white border. Great coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous!!! Wonderful flow of design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super pretty! Love the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colouring on those flowers Jenn! Love all the inspiration you've taken from the colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous coloring of those flowers. Beautiful Card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenn! So glad you could play with us this week. It seems that everything you touch turns to gold. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Again Jenn on being one of the Honorable Mentions this week! We have posted a link to your card on our Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/tgifchallenges
    Don't forget to grab your Honorable Mention Blog Button!

    ReplyDelete