A Variation...


Friends recently celebrated the addition of a beautiful baby girl to their family.  At the time I created this card for them I was preparing the kits for my December class and it struck me that one of the class cards (shown below) which featured a lot of Stampin' Up!s Old Olive would be nice to alter for the baby card I needed.

So I made an extra kit and used the 'For Baby' stamp from the Easy Events stamp set instead of the 'Merry Christmas'.  I changed the embossing in the background to be dots which I find more suited to a baby design than the vintage wallpaper, and I turned the Old Olive Patterned Designer Series Paper over to use the text pattern so that my lettering of the baby's name 'Olive' would stand out to advantage.

It was nice to be able to share this variation with class participants who were already prepared for their 2012 Christmas cards by the time they arrived in December's class.

1 comment

  1. Love the baby card too Jennifer! It's such a great layout. I bet my regular card clubs would like that one, maybe we'll do in some pastel colors!

    ReplyDelete