Beautiful Wings Kaleidoscope

We were pleased to celebrate the second birthday of a gorgeous little girl on Friday.  I created this card especially with her in mind.  I used strips of Kaleidoscope Designer Series Papers (now retired) to incorporate a beautiful mix of oranges, greens, yellows, blues and pinks.
The beautiful butterflies sitting on the card are made up of Big Shot Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die Cuts.  

I've layered the butterfly's in different colours.  First I adhered the initial butterfly flat onto the card.  Then I used a different colour in the same sized shape and attached with a thin strip of Stampin Dimensionals along the body.  Then I used a 2-way glue pen to attach a smaller butterfly shape to the top of this second layer and folded the wings up towards the centre give them some lift.

The internal sentiment is from the Friendly Phrases Stamp Set.  I tossed up about adding a sentiment to the front as well.  In the end I was happy with my decision to add a decorative 'wish big' from the Short & Sweet Stamp Set in white embossed ink below the butterflies.  
I loved this card so much that I'll definitely be making some extra to add to my stock for sale very soon!

No comments