Chunky Cacao Granola, More Gift Jar Inspiration


Earlier this year, I shared one of our family's favourite breakfast cereal recipes - this delicious 'Muesli Bar Muesli'.  I'm back today to share another personal favourite, Chunky Cacao Granola.

It's seriously my favourite breakfast! Often when I make up a big batch I'll throw some into a jar to gift to a friend.  Hence my sharing today - I've had quite a few requests for the recipe!

CHUNKY CACAO GRANOLA

Note, I use the below as loose guidelines when making up a batch - I adjust to what is in my pantry at the time and I kinda guess my measurements but it always works out beautifully!

Preheat oven to 180c (or 160c) fan forced.

In a large roasting pan, combine:
- 750g rolled oats
- 200g flaked coconut
- 200g raw buckwheat
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 150g macadamias
- 150g hazelnuts
In a small saucepan, add:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla essense
3/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup rice malt syrup
gently warm and stir until combined.

Stir oil mix through granola a little at a time until all the ingredients are evenly coated. 

Put in the oven for 10 minutes.  Toss and cook for a further 10 minutes.  Toss again and cook for a further 5 - 10 minutes until evenly toasted. 

Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container - or glass jar!


CARD AND GIFT TAG

I've decorated this card and tag with the sweet Bella & Friends puppy.  The colour scheme was guided by the Naturally Eclectic patterned papers.  The design was a fun class card for getting participants colouring with Stampin' Write Markers.  Follow the process yourself at home with this quick video tutorial *HERE*!




Supplies Used:
Stamps: Bella and Friends, Thoughtful Banners
Card: Whisper White, Soft Sky, Naturally Eclectic
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sahara Sand
Tools and Accessories: Stampin' Write Markers (Peekaboo Peach, So Saffron, Night of Navy, Emerald Envy), Blender Pen, Ruffle Ribbon, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Cheerful Tags Thinlets (retired)
Adhesives: SNAIL adhesive (or double sided tape), Tear and Tape, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments