Gift Jar Inspiration, Let's Get Hopping Round #2

Quirky Critters, Let's Get Hopping, DIY Gift Jar inspiration, Naturally Eclectic, Homemade Muesli Recipe, Jennifer Frost, Stampin' Up!, Watercolor Pencil technique


Confession time, I have a hoarding problem!  Specifically glass jars.  Every time I empty one in my kitchen I clean it up and hide it away - saving it for when I can fill it, dress it up and gift it out.
Reused jars make for a thrifty packaging choice, but are also much more environmentally friendly than new or plastic packaging options - a great fit for my growing green mindset. 
The growing jar collection is driving my hubby slightly crazy though, so I asked my "Let's Get Hopping" friends for help. Today the group are sharing some cute DIY gift jar inspiration.
Quirky Critters, Let's Get Hopping, DIY Gift Jar inspiration, Naturally Eclectic, Homemade Muesli Recipe, Jennifer Frost, Stampin' Up!, Watercolor Pencil technique

Muesli Bar Muesli

This year I've been handing out a lot of muesli.  Yes, you read right, muesli lol... A few years ago I changed my diet to cut out preservatives and quit sugar.  I love a bowl of muesli and coconut milk for breakfast in the morning.  It's also a yummy topper for fruit and greek yoghurt.  Both my kids happily tuck into this for dessert most nights!  
While I'm making the weekly batch, it's easy to pop aside in a jar to gift.  A few friends have since asked for the recipe so I'm adding this too.  See the bottom of the post for details.
Quirky Critters, Let's Get Hopping, DIY Gift Jar inspiration, Naturally Eclectic, Homemade Muesli Recipe, Jennifer Frost, Stampin' Up!, Watercolor Pencil technique

Matching gift card

I know my food and gift choices might seem a little quirky to some - what better fit for the gift tag than the very cute "Quirky Critters" Quail.  And of course, while you are making a tag, why not make a card to match too! 
There is a lot of hype in the Stampin' Up! world at the moment with the impending release of the brand new Stampin' Blends markers, set to go on sale November 1st.  I have not got these yet, but I do have the gorgeous watercolour pencil collection that is so fun and easy to work with.  I was inspired to pull them out and put them to work here!
Play along!

Click the link below to find out what fun gift inspiration Diana has in store for you!  


What's your fav DIY gift jar idea?

If you have a favourite DIY gift jar idea to share I would love to see it.  Add your pic to Instagram with the hashtag #letsgethopping2 and comment here on the blog so I know to keep an eye out for it!!

Make this card with me!

Watch along as I colour these bright birds over on my YouTube Channel *HERE*  or
register today to make this card and tag project at my upcoming Bendigo class THIS SATURDAY!  Learn more *HERE*


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Quirky Critters
Inks: StayzOn Black, 
Papers: Whisper White, Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper, Shimmery White
Accessories/Tools: Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen, Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies, Bermuda Bay Striped Ribbon (retired), In Colour Doily (retired)


BLOG POST PLANNER, PAPERCRAFT EDITION
I've just put together a handy blog post planner, especially for paper-crafters! With this printable bundle, you can make sure that every blog post you write is brought together smoothly and is working hard to serve you and your audience well. Learn more *HERE*








MUESLI BAR MUESLI

This recipe is my take on a few favourites I've come across over the last few years.  I use the below as loose guidelines when making up a batch - I adjust to what is in my pantry at the time and I kinda guess my measurements but it always works out delicious.
Preheat oven to 150c fan forced.

In a large roasting pan, combine:
- a bag of rolled oats (700 - 900g),
- 1 cup coconut flakes, 
- 1 cup shredded coconut,
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats,
- 1 cup chopped nuts (we love macadamias but walnuts, almonds and cashews work well too),
- 1 cup of seeds (I use a mix of sunflower and pepitas), and
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon.  
In a small saucepan, add:
- 1 cup of oil (I use half a cup of coconut oil and half a cup of extra virgin olive oil) with
- half a cup of rice malt syrup
Gently warm and stir until combined.

Stir oil mix through muesli a little at a time until all the ingredients are evenly coated. 

Put in the oven for 10 minutes.  Toss and cook for a further 10 minutes.  Toss again and cook for a further 5 - 10 minutes until evenly toasted. 

Allow to cool and then store in an airtight container - or glass jar!

9 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, that museli sounds divine! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I think this makes a great wee gift for anyone who perhaps is choosing a healthier lifestyle change and your tag and card idea is the icing on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as always Jen! And thanks for the recipe! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Jenn. Your colouring is second to none and that muesli sounds a-maz-ing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your watercoloring is beautiful! I never noticed this stamp set and now LOVE it - along with your adorable project! I may have to make your muesli recipe and CASE your jar. Hope you don't mind! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tag and matching card. Great colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That recipe sounds yummy, might have to give it a try, I love museli on greek yoghurt for breakfast in the summer.
    Your tag, is beautifully coloured, water colouring with the pencils is something I am not very good at, your's looks flawless.
    Thank you for organising this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for sharing the recipe! my family loves granola. I love your colouring. How do you find the new Blends?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Jen I love that little bird and Granola wow must try that. I hope to be able to join the next blog I am ok with photography and writing the blog its joining the actual hop so I hope to watch the video of your process when you put it up and then join the next one for sure. Danielle Roberts

    ReplyDelete