Creation Station Blog Hop #6

The hubby and I decided last minute to take advantage of the unseasonable sunshine and de-clutter with a garage sale this weekend.  Consequently I very nearly did not have time to play in this challenge but was unexpectedly blessed with a window today to pull some last minute projects together - phewww!

We are in the midst of a very cold winter at the moment.  In the mornings it is foggy and the ground is ice-kissed and frosty.  When I saw the 'In the garden' theme for this round of the blog hop, I couldn't resist putting together a card that incorporated a 'winter rose' feel to it.  I have just received my brand new Blended Bloom stamp and have been itching to colour it for such a project!



When I need to throw together a project quickly I find it helpful to search through my pinterest pins and find inspiration to draw together my ideas for a design.  I thought this gorgeous creation by Amy O'Neill was a perfect platform for me to tailor for this challenge.

In keeping with my wintery colour palette, my backgrounds (Positively Chevron and Dictionary stamps) are stamped in a mix of smoky slate and basic greys.  I've further softened my Chevrons with a overlay of vellum.  I love putting yellow with greys so I've kept a yellow card backing as Amy did, going for a subtle rather than bright sunny shade.


The little jewels have been coloured red with the blendabilities.  The sentiment is from another new set called Kinda Eclectic.

Inside, I've added a little decoration with elements from the Gorgeous Grunge, A Happy Hooray and the Work of Art sets.


The other challenge set for us with this round of the Creation Station was to feature a Decorative Mask.  I've just bought the Hearts and Stars set.  At $4.95 these masks are a great, cost effective tool for helping create backgrounds for scrapbook pages, cards and more!


Again, I've gone for the yellow and grey colour palette (all the stuff was still on my desk from the first project lol) but this time the theme is baby!  I used a sponge dauber to sponge on little stars with the mask in whisper white craft ink.  I've also traced a few stars with my new Project Life Journalling Marker onto scrap white card stock, blender pen coloured them and handcut and stuck them on.


The Baby, We've Grown stamp set is my favourite for baby cards at the moment.  The sentiment and bunny are from this set. The little balloon comes from the Sketched Birthday set.


I hope that you have enjoyed these designs.  Don't be shy, be kind and comment if so!  I love hearing from you.  And definately hop over to see what the rest of the Creation Station team have created!

   

6 comments

  1. Jennifer - lovely as always! And I'm jealous on how awesome you take pictures! ;) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come visit you for a week? I just want some of your awesome creative talent to rub off on me! These projects are to die for! You just know SU will be posting more of your work on their site. Fantastic work - I love your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mask will have to be on my next order :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layering on the 1st card, and of course both are terrific! I'm going to break down & buy that baby set just for that bunny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous as always! I love your style Jenn. Always well thought out and beautifully executed. Love love these cards! !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness these cards are gorgeous! I especially like the little bunny card!

    ReplyDelete