A Little Landscape from Scraps

October 6, 2026

When I saw the Paper Players challenge theme Nature’s Landscapes, I was reminded that I still had a DIY landscape panel left over from a project I made back in June. I originally paired it with a hot air balloon. I had a little section of the panel remaining, though, and thought it would be fun to see what else I could do with it.

The Shopping Our Stash crew have a chicken-themed challenge running, which sent me rummaging through my stamp collection.

I pulled out my Hey Birthday Chick stamp set and found this particularly cute chicken with a balloon tied to her little tail. There was something about the idea of her floating above that colourful landscape that made me smile, so I decided to give it a try. 

And this is what I came up with.

Want to see where the landscape started?

You can see the original card I made with this landscape panel HERE.

I also made a YouTube video showing how I created the larger landscape background from scraps, which is the panel I've used on both cards.

I always love seeing how a piece of leftover paper can take on a completely different life the second time around. One landscape, two very different cards 😊

Challenges:

• Paper Players – Nature’s Landscapes

• Shopping Our Stash – Chicken Challenge

Cardmaking with Scraps

The original Landscape from Leftovers project is also featured in Cardmaking with Scraps Issue 2, my next collection of scrap-friendly card ideas.

Issue 2 will be available as a free printable for a limited time when it’s released. If you'd like a copy while it’s free, you can join my mailing list here and I’ll let you know when it’s available.

More ideas for using the scraps you already have, without needing to buy a whole lot of new things.

Happy crafting,

Jenn


Post a Comment

Blog Archive