Easter Chocolate Blocks


For Easter this year we gifted our family and friends with a block of their favourite Cadbury chocolate.  Of course, I couldn't help but create a special package to pop them in!


These gift boxes featured imagery from the Eggstra Spectacular Stamp set, currently available in the Occasions Catalogue.


What made these boxes extra special was the 'slider' - the ribbon wrapped around the entire chocolate block on the inside of the box so you could smoothly slide it in and out of its pretty package.


What I found really satisfying about these creations (aside from the very impressed family members) was that I'd managed to do some up-cycling!  A friend of mine gave me a bunch of old office file folders that were otherwise destined for the bin and I've been holding on to them for a little while, waiting for the perfect project to allow me to use them.


They are very close to Stampin' Up!'s Island Indigo in colour and so I matched them up with some of the pretty patterned paper from the Watercolour Wonder DSP from the current Occasions catalogue.


When I ran out of the yellow ribbon, I pulled out the orange and changed the featured patterned paper to a pretty one from last year's Sale-a-bration set that coordinated well.

These were heaps of fun to make and received so much positive feedback I think I'd like to feature a variation in an upcoming class!

No comments