Hello Baby


I'm really enjoying playing with my new Easy Events Stamp Set.  The current Just Add Ink challenge is to create a Baby/Children's card so I've chosen the little duck from this set to feature on this design.  I have fussy cut the image out and layered it up on dimensionals.  I've coloured the image with blender pen and added a little crystal effects to the umbrella and beak for shine.


I've used the new Stampin' Up! Primrose Petals Pink as my main colour with a dash of So Saffron Yellow and Baja Breeze Blue on a base of Very Vanilla to create a lovely soft colour palette perfect for a baby theme.

To finish the card I added a little string of banners to the top corner.  The Paper Players challenge this week inspired this thought.

After sticking the banners down in place I paper pierced a trail along the top and then drew some lines between each hole to create a faux stitching effect.

8 comments

  1. What a sweet card, Jennifer! Such a unique layout and I love the colors. I thougtht your faux stitching was real! Great job! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome colour palette Jenn & a fabulous design. The little duckie is adorable! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! I love this layout! Stitching the banners is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, this is very sweet! I love the banner treatment, and the lovely colour combination you've used. I'm a big fan of your work. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet baby card, Jenn! Love the soft colors and the fun layout. The little bit of stitched detail is a great touch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a lovely card Jenn very sweet indeed and love the selective use of colour and shapes - great share! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute - great colours and layout. I love the little flag embellishment at the top. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the colour combination. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete